I want….. to cosplay as zura…… rlly badly….. i love zura
hhhh for otafest im gonna b kamukura, just without fancy clothes because i misplaced my only fucking suit
fuck moving i hate it so much i always lose my shit
my sims game is 20% realism, 30% maxis match, and 10% weeaboo garbage, and 40% pretty stuff from japanese, chinese, and korean ts2 blogs
I’m going to rewrite a reply I posted to another person’s post. Basically my intent here is to figure out the DR timeline and a few questions.
[WARNING FOR A LOT OF MENTIONS OF MURDER, SUICIDE AND OTHER NASTY THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT OUT OF DANGAN RONPA]
LAST EDIT: JANUARY 11TH 2014
FIRSTLY, HERE’S HOW I THINK IT WENT (note- school years last from April to the following March):
YEAR ONE: 76th Hope’s Peak Class enrolls (Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu, Peko Pekoyama, part of the sdr2 cast, and other unknown students). The Reserve Department also begins this year (Hajime Hinata and, over the course of years one to three, 2,356 other ‘average’ students)
- Most likely to be in this class: Mikan Tsumiki, (possibly Ibuki Mioda to even out the TS girls)
- Nothing that interesting happens in the interim
- If Hajime started this year (it’s also possible he started during Year Two), he could have volunteered and gotten chosen for the ’’Hope Cultivation Project’ (is it stated in DR0 how long ago that project began?)
YEAR TWO: 77th Hope’s Peak Class enrolls (Yasuke Matsuda, Yuuto Kamishiro, Soushun Murasame, ‘??? Kuzuryuu’, Nagito Komaeda, part of the sdr2 cast, and other unknown students)
- Most likely to be in this class: Mahiru Koizumi, Hiyoko Saionji, ??? Satou
- The other SDR2 kids HAD to be part of either the 76th or 77th classes, but there is no evidence pointing at which one. so that’s all guesswork.
- All the student council members were either part of this class or the 76th class. We can also assume that Santa Shikiba, the Madarai Octuplets, the SHSL Physicist and the SHSL Therapist were also part of one of these two rosters
- The Hope Cultivation Project either starts, or continues its experiments
- This results in Hajime Hinata becoming Izuru Kamukura
YEAR THREE: 78th Hope’s Peak Class enrolls (DR1 cast)
- Junko starts to influence and manipulate the older students, turning many of them into members of SHSL Despair over the course of the next year
- Chihiro finishes their work on Alter Ego (V1)
- Chihiro, Yasuke and the SHSL Therapist start creating the ‘New World/Hope Rehabiliation Program’, which would later be used by the Future Foundation. One could assume early designs and layouts for Chiaki Nanami and Usami were also thought up around this time
- Events of Twilight Syndrome take place. Satou kills Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu’s sister, and is then killed by an unknown assailant (not confirmed whether it was Fuyuhiko or Peko)
- Junko discovers the identity of abandoned project Izuru Kamukura, and incites him and the student council into a ‘mutual killing’ situation
- Izuru gruesomely murders the majority of the council, and the school board immediately tries to cover it up
- Events of DR0 (the reserve students start rioting against the school after Junko leaks out the truth about Hajime and the student council, the school board members are killed one by one by Mukuro, Junko hides from suspicion (and gets memory-erasing technology from Yasuke) as her alias Ryouko Otonashi, Jin Kirigiri gets his daughter Kyouko to investigate the situation while realizing just how badly the school fucked up only to force her to give up the investigation early)
- During DR0, Yasuke, Yuuto, the Madarai Octuplets and the SHSL Student Council President (Soushun Murasame) are all killed
- The riots spread outside the school, and slowly become more violent and destructive as more and more people succumb to despair
- At Junko’s bequest, all the Reserve Students commit mass suicide, furthering the message of ‘despair’.
YEAR FOUR: The Despair Wars truly begin. Except for members of SHSL Despair -who spread out over Japan causing destruction in Junko’s name- the 76th and 77th classes (along with the reserve students) are wiped out. Obviously the school is in no state to induct a 79th class roster after all of that, and closes down. And so, the 78th class prepares the school as a shelter under Headmaster Jin Kirigiri’s supervision.
- It is implied/outright stated that most of the friends and family members of both casts were murdered (whether specifically targeted by Junko or done by the SDR2 kids’ own hands) before DR1 took place.
- However, there must have been a few survivors including Komaru Naegi - Makoto’s younger sister.
- The DR1 cast manage to live together peacefully in the school for a time, until Junko incapacitates them somehow, executes Jin, and erases her classmates’ memories of YEAR 3 and YEAR 4
YEAR FIVE: Events of DR take place (23 days), and is recorded on national television for everyone (including SDR2 cast) to watch.
- Chihiro builds Alter Ego (v2)
- Nine out of the sixteen students of the 78th class die by participating in the ‘school life of mutual killing’, as well as Alter Ego (v2)
- The DR1 survivors manage to beat Junko’s challenge, who happily commits a very extravagant suicide via execution (that she tricked the audience into believing finished with her being crushed to death. But this is proven false due to SDR2 events.)
- The DR1 survivors leave the school and are soon found by the Future Foundation (founded by Hope’s Peak graduates), who enlist them into the organization and return their lost memories
YEAR FIVE TO YEAR SIX (OR JUST YEAR FIVE CONT.????): Events of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode take place. Komaru Naegi and Touko Fukawa/Genocider Syo explore post-apocalyptic Japan and fight Monokuma robots. Later on, the events of Super Dangan Ronpa 2 take place. Other stuff happens too, probably.
- Members of SHSL Despair become more desperate and dangerous after Junko’s death
- They salvage Junko’s corpse from the now toxic school building, and try to split up her body parts among themselves. It is unknown whether any attempts to ‘absorb’ her presence were successful, however - except for Nagito, who grafted her hand to his arm
-The majority of SHSL Despair dies at some point during these events; due to a variety of reasons including suicide, violence and self-induced illness, etc etc
-The Future Foundation decides the remnants of SHSL Despair are too dangerous to be left alive, and plan to kill them once they find them
-Coincidentally, they start investigating the SDR2 cast as possible ‘survivors’ of Hope’s Peak around this time too
-They discover that the SDR2 cast is SHSL Despair, and Makoto and co. go against FF orders in order to save them. They use the ‘New World Program’ to put them into a rehabilitating virtual reality created by Alter Ego (v1), with rushed assistance by the DR1 survivors
- The SDR2 cast agreed to the rehab, but were actually operating under Junko’s orders which involved Izuru putting a virus into the program and them all taking part in the murder game so Junko could take over their bodies in the real world
-THE EVENTS OF SDR2 TAKE PLACE (22 days)
-Ten out of the fifteen students ‘die’ by participating in the field trip of mutual killing, along with Chiaki and Usami (the monitors)
-The five SDR2 survivors wake up and decide to stay on the real island, with the intention of moving forward despite their pasts, and working to find a way to wake their ‘dead’ friends from their comas
- It is unknown how much of their memories from the real world and how much of their memories from the virtual reality were retained
- Makoto’s stuck with the job of explaining to the Future Foundation what happened, and trying to cover up for the SDR2 kids
BUT I ALSO WANT TO EXPLAIN SOME REASONING SO I’LL DO THAT UNDER THE CUT (FEEL FREE TO TRY AND REFUTE ANYTHING ON THIS TIMELINE OR IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING MISSING):